A mild summer made for a comfortable evening at Natalja and Chris’ The Butler Barn country wedding in Beaverton, Oregon on Saturday, July 13, 2019.
The white barn was the backdrop for the ceremony that began at 6pm.
The Butler Barn Country Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Groom Entrance: Florida Georgia Line – H.O.L.Y.
- Wedding Party Entrance: Keith Urban – Making Memories of Us
- Bride Entrance: Jake Owen – Made for You
- Bride/Groom Exit: Lonestar – Amazed
The reception took place in and around the adjacent brown barn that has a classic country feel.
The groom is a big fan of Ford Broncos and several restored older models were on display on the grass outside. Dinner was held inside the barn.
Background music was a variety of mostly Country music favorites as requested by the bride, including selections from George Strait, Faith Hill, Bebe Rexha f/Florida Georgia Line and more.
The Butler Barn Country Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Jake Owen – I Like You A Lot
- Cake Cutting: Scotty McCreery – This Is It
- First Dance: Florida Georgia Line – Grow Old
- Bride and Father/Mother and Son Dance: Rascal Flatts – My Wish
- Bridal Party Dance: Lil Nas – Old Town Road
There were about 75 guests in attendance and a lot of space to fill, but the extra daylight when the dance floor opened around 8:15 was not a deterrence for this group. They were ready to cut loose to the classics early on, including “Twist & Shout,” “Stayin’ Alive” and “Billie Jean,” along with Country favorites from Brooks and Dunn and Kenny Chesney.
Best wishes Natalja and Chris.
Kindra and Brent’s Maple Leaf Events wedding took place in Stevenson, Washington on Saturday, July 6, 2019. Views of the Cascade Mountains and Columbia River Gorge were obstructed by the persistent clouds, but it was comfortable for the 125+ guests who witnessed the ceremony held outside.
Maple Leaf Events Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Tracy Lawrence – Find Out Who Your Friends Are
- Bride Entrance: Tim McGraw – My Best Friend
- Bride/Groom Exit: Justin Moore – ‘Til My Last Day
Most of the reception was also held outside on the patio. However, the dinner buffet with dining tables was in the reception hall with large windows. I was setup right outside the hall and placed a speaker inside and out during dinner and the toast so sound could be heard nearly everywhere. The bride requested mostly Country favorites for the background music during the cocktail hour and dinner.
Maple Leaf Events Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Tim McGraw – One of Those Nights
- First Dance: Randy Travis – Forever And Ever Amen
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Garter Toss: Nelly – Hot In Herre
- Last Dance: Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’
Guests remained spread out on the property both inside and out when the dance floor officially opened to everyone around 6pm, but we had quite a few join in for the first slow dance.
They kept it going for the first uptempo selections, including Kindra’s must-play request for Garth Brooks “Ain’t Going Down (Till The Sun Comes Up),” but momentum really picked up for the “Cupid Shuffle.”
Classic rock from Def Leppard and AC/DC, as well as Country hits moved this group the most, although they also appreciated recent hits “Uptown Funk” and “Can’t Stop the Feeling.”
Congratulations Kindra and Brent and thank you Mother-of-the-Bride, Julie for choosing PRO DJs.
Crystal and Nick’s Abiqua Country Estate wedding took place in Silverton, Oregon on Saturday, June 29, 2019.
Nestled in the foothills of the Willamette Valley, this rustic 100 acre venue offers several settings for the ceremony, including a gazaebo on a lake or a woodsy lush lawn with towering firs, of which this couple chose the latter on what turned out to be a comfortable Northwest summer day.
Abiqua Country Estate Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Beach Boys – God Only Knows (Instrumental Version)
- Bride Entrance: Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’ (String Quartet Version)
- Bride/Groom Exit: Beatles – All You Need Is Love (String Quartet Version)
After moving my sound system from the other side of the property where the ceremony was held to the main reception area, I resumed the background music as guests spent the next couple hours relaxing and enjoying conversation with family and friends while the newlyweds had professional photos taken. Background music featured a variety of selections, including Motown and Country as requested by the bride.
Abiqua Country Estate Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Dell Vikings – Come Go With Me
- First Dance: Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
- Last Dance: Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
There was still a lot of daylight when the dance floor opened to everyone just after 7pm. With around 50 guests in attendance, the stairs to the dance floor made it look like a stage, but most were not shy about getting up there for the first slow dance, then sticking around for the fun fast songs that followed, such as The Beatles “Twist & Shout” and Van Morrison’s “Brown Eyed Girl,” plus Crystal and Nick’s requests for other older classics like “Little Bitty Pretty One” from Thurston Harris, Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire,” Michael Jackson and more.
A little later, some recent favorites lit up the evening, including “Old Town Road,” and “Ride Wit Me” along with some old school 90’s from Coolio “Gangsta’s Paradise” and “Summertime” from DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.
Congratulations Crystal and Nick and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
The calm before the storm. We got a good 90 minutes of dry weather at the Pacific Pediatrics Health Fair before the skies opened and thunder and lightning shut us down early on Thursday, June 27, 2019. Until then it was a fun time announcing the prize winners while spinning American and Mexican hit songs. Glad everyone got out safe today.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
Submitted By: Jessica Johnson, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
- Event Date: Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Event Type: Family Health Fair
- Event Location: Pacific Pediatrics, Woodburn, Oregon
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: N/A
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes
Meghan and Andrew’s St. Helens Oregon wedding ceremony was held at a private residence near the top of Columbia Heights on Saturday, June 22, 2019.
The gentleman who owns the property said you can normally see Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams on a clear day. There was cloud cover for this one (photographers love that), but the temperature was perfect in the upper 60’s and no rain.
St. Helens Oregon Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Matt Stell – Prayed For You
- Bride Entrance: Traditional Bridal Chorus (Classical)
- Unity Sand: Leona Lewis – Footsteps in the Sand
- Bride/Groom Exit: John Legend – Stay With You
Following the wedding ceremony, family photos were taken while guests relaxed with a cocktail on the lawn or on the deck. I played a mix of background music that included a variety of medium tempo hits, along with some Country favorites as requested by the bride.
Around 3:45, I faded the music and took down my sound system to get a head start on the guests for the reception scheduled to begin before 5pm at the Elks Lodge in St. Helens (about a 30 minute drive).
As guests arrived for the reception, similar background music from the cocktail hour continued before I softened up the selections for dinner after the newlyweds arrived. There was no grand entrance at this time. This was scheduled for later in the reception when the curtain was opened and the 75 guests were joined by everyone else in attendance at the lodge that night 🙂
St. Helens Oregon Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand March: LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- First Dance: Russel Dickerson – Yours
- Bride and Father Dance: Brad Paisley – He Didn’t Have To Be
- Money Dance: Lil Nas X – Old Town Road, Garth Brooks – Friends and Low Places
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
The opening slow dance from the Righteous Brothers got things going for everyone and with many older guests in attendance, selections from the Beatles, Van Morrison and a swing dance from Glenn Miller were well-received.
The rest of the night everyone enjoyed getting down to a variety of classics and recent hits, including ‘Uptown Funk,’ ‘Shout,’ ‘Cupid Shuffle,’ ‘Footloose’ and more.
By the time I spun the final slow song, the dance floor had been rockin’ a solid three hours.
Best wishes Meghan and Andrew!