Renaissance-Themed Wedding At Kennedy School
On a cold, blustery day, a little clearing happened just in time for Mark and Ryan’s Commitment Ceremony held at McMenamins Kennedy School in Northeast Portland on Saturday, October 20, 2012.
Despite the forecast, they were determined to exchange vows outside in the courtyard next to the Gym where the reception took place and fortunately, it worked out perfectly.
- Processional Entrance: Cirque du Soleil – O
- Recessional: Queen – You’re My Best Friend
- Grand Entrance: Owl City – Shooting Star
- Cake Cutting: Plain White T’s – 1,2,3,4 (I Love You)
- First Dance: Stevie Nicks – Crystal
When I opened the dance floor to everyone, the just shy of 50 guests packed the floor right away for ‘At Last’ from Etta James, but after a few fast songs, most took a break to visit with friends before returning later to fill the floor for a good hour… getting down to the latest hits.
Commitment Ceremony In Oregon Wine Country
It was a picture perfect day at Elk Cove Vineyards in Gaston, Oregon for David and Todd’s commitment ceremony on Saturday, October 6, 2012. With the warm summer-like weather, it sure didn’t feel like it was early October. The shuttle buses ferrying the majority of guests to this event were about 20 minutes behind schedule. As a result, the 5:30 start-time was pushed back 35 minutes. In that time, the sun had dropped behind the hill and cooled things a little, but it was still a pleasant evening.
- Processional Entrance: Selena Gomez – Love You Like A Like Song
- David & Todd Entrance: Michael Buble – You and I
- Recessional: Colbie Callait & Jason Mraz – Lucky
The reception took place in the main ballroom located behind the tasting room at Elk Cove. David and Todd requested a mix of chill music for the cocktail hour, followed by a variety of standards and big band music from the 40’s and 50’s during dinner. They are also fans of Pink Martini and Broadway musicals and that influenced their choices for the traditional wedding events.
- Grand Entrance: Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson & Anika Noni Rose – Dreamgirls
- Cake Cutting: Wicked – Popular
- First Dance: Pink Martini – Over The Valley
- Last Song: Donna Summer – Last Dance
Many of the guests in attendance had traveled from far away, including much of David’s family visiting from China. Hit music is universal though and the familiar dance tracks brought everyone together quickly… ‘Twist & Shout’, ‘We Are Family’, ‘Party Rock Anthem’, ‘Gangham Style’ and more packed the floor.
Maui Commitment Ceremony Portland Reception
Hawaiian flowers and decorations dressed up the Laurelhurst Club in Northeast Portland on Saturday, September 29, 2012 for a casual reception to celebrate Kyle and Ethan’s Commitment Ceremony held a few weeks earlier on Maui.
Background music was a mix of classic hits and some current favorites… festive tunes from Al Green, Coldplay and others, along with some Motown and Reggae.
After Kyle and Ethan shared a special dance with their mothers, I opened the dance floor to everyone. Just shy of 150 guests packed the club and they were not shy about participating.
Kyle had noted his dad was a ‘YMCA’ freak and he meant that literally. When I played the Village People, he danced everywhere and let out an occasional scream of delight that shook the neighborhood 🙂
Old disco songs were well received by all, as well as some of today’s hot hits.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“He was fantastic!” -Kyle Chiotti
- Event Date: Saturday, September 29, 2012
- Event Type: Wedding
- Event Location: Laurelhurst Club
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: N/A
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: N/A
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes