Jodi and Tom’s Rainier Oregon wedding was held on Saturday, October 10, 2020 at the home of the bride’s family. There were two tents setup on the property… one for the ceremony at the bottom of the driveway and other off the front of the house for the reception.
I provided music for the reception only. To ensure enough space for seating, the tent was extended past the driveway where the grass angles down. I was able to make this work, although I could not find a solution for one leaning speaker 🙂
As guests arrived for the reception, I played a mix of Jazz/Bossa nova as requested by the bride and groom.
Rainier Oregon Reception Highlights:
- First Dance: Gregory Alan Isakov & The Colorado Symphony – The Stable Song
- Bride and Father Dance: Tim McGraw – My Little Girl
- Groom and Mother Dance: NeedToBreathe – Stones Under Rushing Water
It was a great night of dancing as guests enjoyed moving to a variety of hit songs, including the groom’s requests for the “Electric Slide” and AC/DC’s “TNT.” The evening ended around 8pm with a sparkler sendoff for the newlyweds.
Best wishes Jodi and Tom and thank you to the sister of the bride, Riley for choosing PRO DJs.
Strange year this has been, but the party can go on with social distancing and mask wearing and that’s how we did it for Greg’s karaoke birthday party at a private residence in SW Portland, Oregon on Saturday, October 3, 2020.
With about 25 guests in attendance, this event took place in the back yard under a tent with tables spaced apart for cocktails and dinner.
Most of those who sang karaoke wore a mask, but if they chose not to, there were plenty of disinfectant wipes on hand to keep the microphones clean. Guests performed everything from Sonny & Cher’s “I Got You Babe” to Lizzo’s “Truth Hurts” and a few show tunes. The birthday boy sang six songs including the nightcap, Billy Joel’s “Piano Man.”
Happy Birthday Greg and thank you for choosing PRO DJs for your celebration.
It was a smoky celebration at Samantha and Cameron’s Abbey Road Farm Wedding on Thursday, September 10, 2020 as Northwest wildfires in Oregon and Washington brought a permanent haze that made the vineyards in the background appear as a silhouette.
Abbey Road Farm Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Jack Johnson – Better Together
- Bride Entrance: James Bay f/Alicia Keys – If I Ain’t Got You
- Bride/Groom Exit: Justin Timberlake f/Alicia Keys – Morning Light
It was cool for September, but a comfortable day with a high temperature in the upper 60’s and following the wedding ceremony, guests relaxed with a cocktail on the lawn while playing games including Cornhole and Jenga. Background music for cocktails and dinner was put together by the bride who sent me a Spotify playlist in advance. Her playlist featured a variety of artists, including Maroon 5, Luke Bryan, Bruno Mars, Thomas Rhett and more.
Abbey Road Farm Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Smash Mouth – I’m A Believer
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – How Sweet It Is
- First Dance: Brantley Gilbert – Whenever We’re Alone
- Bride and Father/Groom and Mother Dance: Slash – Sweet Child O’ Mine (Acoustic)
- Last Dance: Chris Stapleton – Millionaire
For the bride’s entrance music to the ceremony, the first dance and parent’s dance, Samantha asked if I could edit her selections to make them shorter. I have a sound studio and do this often.
The dance floor opened to everyone with a slow dance (Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud) and from there, guests enjoyed getting down to big hits “Happy” and “Hey Ya,” along with requests from the newlyweds for Hall & Oates, Michael Jackson, Macklemore and a heavy dose of 90’s pop (N Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Spice Girls).
Best wishes Samantha and Cameron! Thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Janae and Simon’s Ridgefield wedding was held on Saturday, August 29, 2020 at the home of the groom’s father in Ridgefield, Washington.
With a snowless Mt. St. Helens off in the distance, the ceremony began at 4:30pm on a beautiful late August day with temperature about 73 degrees.
Ridgefield Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Debussy Consort – Pachelbel’s Canon In D (Kanon in D)
- Bride Entrance: Kina Grannis – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Sand Ceremony: Calum Scott & Leona Lewis – You Are the Reason
- Bride/Groom Exit: Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
With 75 guests in attendance, there was a lot of space to enjoy the reception, but most hung out near the swimming pool until dinner. Background music for cocktails and dinner was put together by the bride who sent me a Spotify playlist in advance. Her playlist featured a variety of artists, including The Temptations, Blake Shelton, Aretha Franklin, Zac Brown Band and more.
Ridgefield Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Otto Knows – Million Voices (Radio Edit)
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – How Sweet It Is
- First Dance: Green River Ordinance – Dancing Shoes
- Bride and Father Dance: Bob Carlisle – Butterfly Kisses
- Groom and Mother Dance: Lee Brice – Boy
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Garter Toss: Nelly – Hot In Herre
- Last Dance: Florence and the Machine – Stand By Me
The dance floor opened to everyone around 8:30pm and many danced to every song until 11. They enjoyed everything from The Beatles and Michael Jackson to Lizzo and Bruno Mars and lots of Country music.
With the wind howling, it got cold dropping to around 59 by 10pm, so dancing kept everyone warm. Although, the best man and groom’s brother jumped in the pool around 10:30, then made his way back to the dance floor 🙂
Congratulations Janae and Simon and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Noelle and Eric’s Yellow Gold Farm wedding took place in Albany, Oregon on Saturday, August 22, 2020 on a delightful summer day.
The temperature was a perfect 83 degrees, but the giant trees shade almost the entire property of this venue so even a hot day would be comfortable here.
Yellow Gold Farm Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Grandparents and Mothers Entrance: Brooklyn Duo – Shallow
- Wedding Party Entrance: Brooklyn Duo – The Scientist
- Bride Entrance: Ludovico Einaudi – Nuvole Bianche
- Worship Song: Housefires – Build My Life
- Communion & Sand Pouring: Cageless Birds – We Rise
- Bride/Groom Exit: Maren Morris & Hozier – The Bones
Following the ceremony, I moved my sound system to the dance floor area. While guest enjoyed drinks and refreshments, I played a mix of background music from a variety of artists including: Train, OneRepublic, Lauryn Hill, Colbie Caillat, and Coldplay.
Yellow Gold Farm Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Jonas Brothers – I Believe
- Cake Cutting: Johnnyswim – Take The World
- First Dance: Eric and Noelle Taylor – Every Part of Me
- Bride/Father Dance: Steffany Gretzinger – We Dance
- Groom/Son Dance: Beach Boys – God Only Knows
- Anniversary Dance: Rod Stewart – Have I Told You Lately
Noelle and Eric are musicians and for their first dance, recorded a new song titled “Every Part of Me.” This was a surprise for their guests and well-received.
The anniversary dance began with 15 married couples and the longest married ended being the bride’s grandparents (55 years).
When the dance floor opened to everyone, guests were not shy and filled it for the remainder of the evening, dancing to everything from “Dancing Queen” and “Dynamite,” to “You Can Call Me Al” and the “Cupid Shuffle.”
Congratulations Noelle and Eric and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Rich was wonderful!! He was very easy to communicate with, extremely friendly, and helpful with suggestions to make sure our event was the best it could be. Couldn’t have asked for anyone better!” -Noelle Basham
- Event Date: Saturday, August 22, 2020
- Event Type: Wedding
- Event Location: Yellow Gold Farm
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Good
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes