Horning’s Hideout Wedding In North Plains
Emily and Brad held their Horning’s Hideout wedding in North Plains, Oregon on Friday, July 30, 2021. They were actually married in August 2020 at Lost Lake in the Mt Hood National Forest, but this was the first chance to gather with friends and family to celebrate safely.
It was supposed to be a hot one with a 100 degree high forecasted, but the all day cloud cover kept it in the low 90’s. Still a little warm, but a great day to be outside deep in the woods. For background music, the bride requested a mix of what she described as “happy folk/romance rock.” Featured artists included Vance Joy, Caamp, Maggie Rogers, Taylor Swift and more.
Horning’s Hideout Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Chris Brown – Yeah 3x
- Cake Cutting: George Ezra – Paradise
- First Dance: John Legend – Conversations in the Dark
- Bride and Father Dance: Paul Simon – Father And Daughter
- Groom and Mother Dance: Jack Johnson, John Cruz & Friends – Little Bit of Love
- Longest Marriage Dance: Orleans – Still The One
Many members of the bride’s family were visiting from Kansas and before the wedding sent me a German polka song “Cafe Polka,” an old recording transferred to digital from a record or cassette. After the cake cutting, I asked guests to bring a partner to the dance floor. Emily’s uncle Roger then led everyone in a German line dance that eventually encircled the newlyweds and led to me introducing their first dance.
With nearly 200 guests in attendance and the good fun of the line dance, the floor filled quickly for the opening song requested by the bride and groom “Celebration,” and remained a load of energy for the next few hours.
As twilight set in, the big hits kept them coming back again and again… ‘Brown Eyed Girl,’ ‘1999,’ ‘Party Rock Anthem,’ ‘Wobble’ and more.
Best wishes Emily and Brad! Thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Rich was very prompt, well prepared, had excellent music and just made the event very special with his help. I am so very glad we hired ProDJ’s. Rich was helpful from the initial meeting to the very end. Thank you Pro DJ’s!” -Paula K Monroe (Emily Monroe & Bradley Stewart Wedding)
- Event Date: Friday, July 30, 2021
- Event Type: Wedding & Reception
- Event Location: Horning’s Hideout
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: N/A
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes