Whispering Waters Farm Washougal Wedding
Bethany and Sam’s Whispering Waters Farm Washougal wedding reception took place on Saturday, July 31, 2021 in Washougal, Washington.
Originally planned for the farm near the main road, the couple decided a few weeks before to move it to a location on the property right next to the Washougal River. This would require navigating a long downhill gravel road and a generator for power, but it was well worth it as this was the perfect place to celebrate a wedding.
Surrounded by trees that offered lots of shade to make everyone feel comfortable, a forecasted hot summer day was also tempered with cloud cover and a high of only 82 degrees. I arrived first and parked my car near the generator to block some of the noise.
The ceremony was held at a church in Portland at 1pm and guests began arriving for the reception shortly after 3pm. For background music, the bride requested music without words, so I suggested a mix of instrumental classic jazz from artists such as Miles Davis, Diana Krall, Count Basie and more.
Whispering Waters Farm Washougal Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Natalie Cole – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)
- First Dance: Andrew Blake and Caitlin Simone – From This Moment
- Cake Cutting: The Turtles – Happy Together
- Bride/Father Dance: Bruce Springsteen – When You Need Me
- Groom and Mother Dance: Melissa Smith – Seems Like Yesterday
- Longest Marriage Dance: Rod Stewart – Have I Told You Lately
- Bouquet Toss: Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
- Last Dance: Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love
Between and the cake cutting and father/daughter dance, Bethany and Sam played the shoe game. I enlisted the help of bridesmaid Valerie and groomsmen Ben to read the questions and give it a more personal feel. The best responses are to questions where couples disagree or they are not sure how to answer. There was a lot of double shoe raising to questions like “Who has the wackiest family” and “Who made the first move?”
It was clear that many guests were ready to expend some energy and took off dancing right away when the dance floor opened to everyone following the Longest Marriage Dance.
Swing dancing was really popular with this group as they seemed to be swinging to nearly every song.
All guests, young and older, appeared to have a great time movin’ and shakin’ to a setlist that featured 80’s classics ‘Footloose’ and ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me),’ along with recent hits, ‘Uptown Funk,’ ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’, ‘Shut Up and Dance’ and more.
As I was getting ready to leave at the end of the night, I appreciated the immediate feedback from the mother of the bride, who told me they had so much fun!
Congratulations Bethany and Sam and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“I was very happy. Rich stayed an extra hour. We danced and danced. It was so much fun.” -Ruthann Johnson (Bethany Johnson & Samuel Nicosio Wedding)
- Event Date: Saturday, July 31, 2021
- Event Type: Wedding
- Event Location: Washougal Washington
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Excellent
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes