Summer Wedding Camas Meadows Golf Club
It has been one hot summer in the Pacific Northwest with a record 30 days at 90 degrees or warmer and smoke from nearby wildfires making outdoor events not as pleasant as we normally expect this time of year, but for the last week of August into September, the smoke has cleared and temperatures moderated.
The best weather of the year so far landed just in time for Aimee and Zach’s wedding and reception held at Camas Meadows Golf Club on Sunday, September 2, 2018.
It was picture perfect and a comfortable 78 degrees for the 50+ guests attending when the ceremony began at 5pm in the gazebo on the golf course. With my main sound system set-up for the reception, I used a second mixer and cordless lapel microphone to provide music and sound for the wedding.
Summer Wedding Camas Meadows Golf Club Ceremony Highlights:
- Parents Seating and Wedding Party Entrance: Josh Groban – You Raise Me Up
- Bridal Party and Bride Entrance: Train – Marry Me
- Bride & Groom Exit: Ellie Goulding – Your Song
The reception followed immediately in the tent above near the parking lot. As guests walked up the hill, I greeted them with a set of oldies as requested by the newlyweds, including music from the Beatles, Four Tops, Beach Boys and more. Immediate family, the wedding party and bride and groom stayed in the gazebo area for photos.
Around 6:40, I cued up their entrance music and announced Aimee and Zach’s arrival. The dinner buffet was opened right away and for background music, I played a set of classic jazz selections as requested by the groom. Champagne was served for the toast about an hour later.
Summer Wedding Camas Meadows Golf Club Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Bebe Rexha f/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
- Cake Cutting: Isley Brothers – Shout
- First Dance: Boyce Avenue – All Of Me
- Bride/Father Dance: Tim McGraw – My Little Girl
- Groom/Mother Dance: Israel Kamakawiwo’ole – Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- Money Dance: Ludacris f/Pharrell – Money Maker
- Bride/Son Dance: Lee Brice- Boy
- Bouquet Toss: Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Garter Toss: Deniece Williams – Let’s Hear It for the Boy
- Last Dance: Blake Shelton – Who Are You When I’m Not Looking
The money dance got this group going and served as the official opening of the dance floor. From there, the classic oldies were especially popular early on, including “Twist & Shout” and “In The Mood.” There were still a few guests that needed a warm-up, so I managed to squeeze in a slow dance before things got too crazy.
I had not played “YMCA” in a while, but it was requested by the bride and well-received by friends and family.
There was one more showcase dance for Aimee and her young son Aiden, which she asked to have all the other mothers and sons in attendance participate.
For the final hour, we had a great run on the dance floor with most everyone having a fun time dancing to “Can’t Stop The Feeling,” “Uptown Funk,” the “Cupid Shuffle,” “Footloose” and more. The bride’s grandmother also requested “The Hokey Pokey” which I played right before the final slow dance.
Congratulations Aimee and Zach and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Thank you for helping to make our wedding the special day that it was.”
-Aimee B (Aimee Boyd & Zachary Zandt Wedding) – Washougal, WA
- Event Date: Saturday, September 2, 2018
- Event Type: Wedding & Reception
- Event Location: Camas Meadows Golf Club, Camas, Washington
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Excellent
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes