Employee Dinner Dance With Portland Party DJ
35 years working for one company is a mighty long time and to mark that milestone, Gretchen was asked what she wanted to do to celebrate?
She chose a dinner/dance with a Portland party DJ, her co-workers and friends. The company she works for obliged with a formal gathering at The Nines in Portland, Oregon on Friday, January 25, 2013.
With about 60 guests in attendance, the smaller ballroom provided an intimate setting and everyone enjoyed appetizers and drinks while I played a mix of background music that included Coldplay, Al Green, U2 and other popular artists.
During dinner, I played a softer set that featured songs from Jack Johnson, Nora Jones, Otis Redding and more. Afterwards, several co-workers lined up to toast the guest of honor.
A slide show followed and it featured many pictures and music from 1978, the year Gretchen began working for the company. I played on that theme, opening the dancing portion of the evening with ‘Stayin’ Alive’ from the Bee Gees.
It was noted that Gretchen brings a lot of energy to work everyday, so I wasn’t surprised to see her lead the way to the dance floor with most everyone soon joining her and her husband.
For this Portland party DJ, it was a great run of classic hits and disco that kept this party movin’ and groovin, including big hits ‘Billie Jean’, ‘We Are Family’, ‘Play That Funky Music’, ‘Love Shack’ and more.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Rich- Thank you so much for making this work function the best one yet! I really enjoyed working with you and I will be contacting you for future events.” -Chelsie Warnes
- Event Date: Saturday, January 25, 2013
- Event Type: Service Awards Party
- Event Location: The Nines Hotel – Portland, Oregon
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Excellent
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes