Auction Raises Big $$ For Portland School Program
The Spanish Immersion program at West Sylvan Middle School received a big funding boost on Saturday, May 12, 2012 inside the Bauccio Commons on the campus of the University of Portland.
Over 250 people participated in the silent and oral auction where they could bid on such items as travel packages, gift baskets that included plenty of wine and student artwork.
The silent auction began at 5:30pm and as guests arrived, I played a mix of uptempo music featuring all Latin guitars. This particular sound provided a lot of energy without being too busy so people could engage in conversation comfortably and a warm, sunny day outside, lent a ‘South of the Border’ feel.
Following the oral auction, guests were welcome to stay for dancing. It didn’t hurt that I was set-up right next to the bar 🙂 However, the bright lights in the large commons had to remain on, so it appeared to be a bit of a challenge.
After a few ‘think about it’ songs, the numbers picked up and we had a good 90 minute run with a packed dance floor getting their groove on to the latest hit music (Maroon 5, Flo Rida, Rihanna) with a few oldies sprinkled in (Rick James, Sugarhill Gang). It was a fun way to wrap a successful evening.
Thank you Auction Chair, Dickey for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“You were fantastic Rich..Sorry I was checking out when you left and did not get a chance to thank you!!”-Dickey McMath
- Event Date: Saturday, May 12, 2012
- Event Type: Auction/Party
- Event Location: University of Portland (Bauccio Commons)/Portland, Oregon
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: N/A
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: N/A
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes