Storm Watching At Oregon Coast Wedding
Oregon Coast Wedding DJ Rich Ellis had the opportunity to perform at Kirsten and Christian’s wedding and reception on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at the Inn at Spanish Head in Linclon City, Oregon.
The ceremony and reception were held in the El Toro ballroom on the fourth floor and I setup a second sound system for the cocktail hour held on the first floor in the Balboa/Cortez room. During this time the El Toro ballroom was reset for dinner and dancing, while the newlyweds and immediate family members gathered for photos.
The views for the ceremony were incredible, especially with the approaching storm.
Oregon Coast Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Thomas Newman – Wow (from Finding Nemo)
- Bride Entrance: Thomas Newman – Mae
- Communion: Leeland – Carried to the Table
- Bride/Groom Exit: Michael Buble – Everything
- Grand Entrance: Henry Mancini – The Big Blowout
- Cake Cutting: Maroon 5 – Sugar
- First Dance: Louis Armstrong – La Vie en Rose
- Bride and Father Dance: Nancy Sinatra – It’s For My Dad
- Groom and Mother Dance: I Wanna Be Like You (Monkey Song)- From Jungle Book Soundtrack
Following the formal dances, I opened the dance floor to all guests. A slow number brought out many couples and the energy gradually picked up as I played classics from The Beatles, Bee Gees, Earth, Wind & Fire and more.
Everyone appeared to be having a great time dancing and a splash of current favorites, including ‘Uptown Funk’ and Dynamite’ really revved up the crowd.
Near the end, everyone joined hands and dance a circle around the newlyweds. It was pure joy and a touching celebration.
I appreciated the feedback during dinner and afterwards from the bride and groom on how much they enjoyed the music. Best wishes Kirsten and Christian and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“When we first began planning a wedding, music was possibly the most stressful factor for us, with so many different generations and personalities present. Rich Ellis took away this anxiety with his professionalism. As early as the first meeting, it was clear he understood the atmosphere we were going for and he accomplished it brilliantly. We were beyond pleased with the music, pacing, and flow of the ceremony and reception. We would absolutely recommend Rich to a friend. Thanks, Rich, for helping make our big day memorable!” -Kirsten Mason & Christian Buehring
- Event Date: Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Event Type: Wedding & Reception
- Event Location: Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: N/A
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes