Hot August Night At Mt. Hood Wedding
Cassie and Wes were married on Saturday, August 1, 2015 at Mt. Hood B & B in Parkdale, Oregon. It was another hot Mt. Hood wedding as the temperature soared to 103 degrees about the time the ceremony began, but an occasional breeze kept it reasonable.
I have performed at this venue many times since the mid-90’s and this was my second trip this summer… the last for Millie and Tony’s wedding on June 26th, where the high temperature was also 103.
Mt. Hood Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Ingrid Michaelson – Sort Of (instrumental)
- Bride Entrance: Ingrid Michaelson – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Bride/Groom Exit: Ray LaMontagne – You Are the Best Thing
The reception began immediately after the ceremony and almost all of the 60 guests in attendance gathered on the lawn near the shed bar with mister… ordering drinks has never been so cool 🙂 For background music, the newlyweds requested an alternative set that included songs from Passion Pit, Kacey Musgraves and Fitz & the Tantrums.
Mt. Hood Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Bleachers – Rollercoaster
- Cake Cutting: Beatles – When I’m 64
- First Dance: Hootie & The Blowfish – Hold My Hand
- Bride and Father Dance: Bonnie Raitt – Baby Mine
- Groom and Mother Dance: Van Morrison – These Are The Days
- Parents’ Dance: Paul McCartney & Wings – Maybe I’m Amazed
- Last Dance: Lumineers – Ho Hey
The feel of a warm summer evening seemed to get everyone in the mood for dancing and the floor filled quickly for the opening slow dance and the fun fast songs that followed.
As day turned to night, it cooled off a little outside, but the dance floor stayed hot as the mostly younger group enjoyed hits from the last decade, including ‘Happy,’ ‘Hey Ya,’ ‘Uptown Funk’ and more.
Everyone circled up for a great finish to ‘Ho Hey’ before gathering outside with sparklers for the big sendoff. Congratulations Cassie and Wes!
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Rich was absolutely fantastic at our wedding at Mt. Hood Bed and Breakfast! Music selections for guest arrival, cocktail hour, and reception were great. Dance floor was packed for the whole night! Communication with him prior to the wedding was extremely easy and friendly. We would recommend Rich to anyone planning a wedding!!!” -Cassie Graziano & Wes Boisvert
- Event Date: Saturday, August 1, 2015
- Event Type: Wedding & Reception
- Event Location: Mt. Hood Bed and Breakfast
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Excellent
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes