St Josef Winery Wedding Canby Oregon
I had the opportunity to be the DJ at Monica and Matt’s wedding and reception on Sunday, September 5, 2021 at St Josef Winery in Canby, Oregon. Their wedding was originally scheduled for September 2020, but with the pandemic they chose to postpone. Monica and Matt actually booked with me in February 2020 so a lot of time had passed, but we were all thankful this was able to happen now.
I provided two sound systems for this wedding, with my main system set-up for the reception just outside the entrance to the winery tasting room overlooking the large cobblestone courtyard with fountain. For the ceremony, I setup a second sound system in the amphitheatre next to Jo-Lilli Pond.
St Josef Winery Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Weding Party/Bride Entrance: Sleeping At Last – Turning Page (Instrumental)
- Bride/Groom Exit: Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
Following the ceremony, the 80+ guests in attendance walked to the reception area for cocktails and eventually dinner while the bride and groom had additional photos taken with family. For background music, I played a variety of selections from artists such as Al Green and Jason Mraz, along with requests from the newlyweds for Carbon Leaf, LANY and more.
St Josef Winery Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Kygo & Whitney Houston – Higher Love
- Cake Cutting: Hall & Oates – You Make My Dreams Come True
- First Dance: Ray LaMontagne – I Was Born to Love You
- Bride and Father Dance: Honorio Flores – Hoy Se Casa Mi Nina
- Groom and Mother Dance: James Taylor – Secret O’ Life
- Anniversary Dance: Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
- Bouquet Toss: Destiny’s Child – Jumpin, Jumpin
- Last Dance: Semisonic – Closing Time
The anniversary dance brought out all of the married couples and after narrowing it down, we learned that Linda and Ed had been married the longest at 61 years. As the sun set, I then spun the first fast dance, the bride and groom’s request for ‘September’ from Earth, Wind & Fire and that packed the floor for that selection and many more to come from the Bee Gees, Walk The Moon, Whitney Houston and more.
Congratulations Monica and Matt and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.