Vancouver WA Heathman Lodge Wedding
Amanda and Nick’s Heathman Lodge wedding took place on Saturday, October 19, 2019 in Vancouver, Washington. Just before, I was admiring the fall foliage this time of year and thinking what a great backdrop for an outdoor wedding, but the weather has been a little unsettled so good thing the ceremony and reception were both held inside the Lewis & Clark Ballroom.
Heathman Lodge Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Bridal Party & Bride Entrance: Forrest Gump Theme (Alan Silvestri)
- Bride/Groom Exit: Heavy D & The Boyz – Now That We Found Love
The reception followed immediately in the same room and guests enjoyed conversation with background music that featured a variety of styles, including country hits as requested by the bride.
Heathman Lodge Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Sugarland – Stuck Like Glue
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- First Dance: Lee Brice – I Don’t Dance
- Groom and Mother Dance: Garth Brooks – It’s Your Song
- Last Dance: Rascal Flatts – Back To Life
The dance floor was a tiny square in the middle of the room that filled for the opening slow dance and spilled over for much of the afternoon for the upbeat songs that followed.
The party really lit up for fun participation dance songs, such as the “Cupid Shuffle,” “Cha Cha Slide,” and the recent country/hip-hop smash “The Git Up” by Blanco Brown. The bride missed that one the first time and requested I play it again only a few songs later. It went over just a strong the second time 🙂
Near the end, Amanda and one her guests rocked a swing dance to Luke Bryan’s “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)” before the entire room joined the newlyweds for the last two songs.
Congratulations Amanda and Nick! Thank you for choosing PRO DJs.