Portland Wedding DJ Plays Castaway Reception
Portland Wedding DJ Rich Ellis had the opportunity to perform at Karri and Kevin’s wedding and reception held at Castaway in Portland, Oregon on Sunday, October 11, 2015.
Following a blustery day on Saturday, it turned out to be a beautiful day for their wedding and the ceremony began at 4:15pm sharp.
Portland Wedding DJ Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie Intro
- Bride Entrance: “Love Theme” from The Saint Soundtrack
- Bride/Groom Exit: Mother Mother – Bright Idea
The reception began immediately following the wedding. Guests enjoyed cocktails and conversation as I played a background set featuring big band and crooners of the 40’s of the 50’s, such as Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole. The dinner music that followed was a little softer and included classic jazz favorites from Stan Getz, Joe Pass, Miles Davis and others.
Portland Wedding DJ Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: James Bond Theme
- First Dance: Milo Greene – Silent Way
- Bride and Father Dance: Glenn Miller – Moonlight Serenade
- Groom and Mother Dance: Eva Cassidy – Time After Time
- Anniversary Dance: John Legend f/Ludacris – Tonight
- Cake Cutting: Bobby Valentino – Angel
- Bride/Son and Groom/Mother Dance: Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Anniversary Dance: Beatles – Here, There & Everywhere/Al Green – I’m Still in Love With You
- Bouquet Toss: Madonna – Lucky Star
- Garter Toss: Huey Lewis & The News – Power of Love
There were a lot of married couples in attendance and the anniversary dance had a great turnout with friends of the family, Jim & Arlene being acknowledge as married the longest at 61 years.
The newlyweds rehearsed a routine to Walk the Moon’s ‘Shut Up and Dance’ to kick off the dancing for all guests and motioned for everyone to join in… it was a great start to a fun Sunday night.
The dance floor was rockin’ to all the big hits, including ‘Shout,’ ‘Footloose,’ ‘December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night) and bride favorite, ‘Walking On Sunshine.’
Best wishes Karri and Kevin and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
“Rich – Thank you so much for doing your part to make our wedding day a success! We have enjoyed working with you!” -Karri Pasteris & Kevin Garaventa