Wedding Celebration At Stonehedge Gardens
Laura and Nick’s Wedding Celebration at Stonehedge Gardens Hood River, Oregon was held on Saturday, June 2, 2018.
It was a gloriously sunny and warm day that made the beautiful tall trees, plants, waterfalls, and lights shining in the tree-canopy that evening a wonderful experience for the senses. I had performed here once before and this is becoming one of my favorite venues.
The ceremony was scheduled for 4pm and also took place outside in the alfresco site at Stonehedge Gardens that is framed with a heart-shaped shrubbery. I setup my sound system here first and provided all music and sound, including a lapel microphone for the officiant.
Wedding Celebration At Stonehedge Gardens Hood River Ceremony Highlights:
- Wedding Party Entrance: Sufjan Stevens – The Greatest Gift
- Bride Entrance: Novo Amor & Ed Tullett – Alps
- Bride & Groom Exit: The Cure – Just Like Heaven
Following the ceremony, the 150+ guests took a short walk to the terraced patio dining and dancing area that was later accented with torches and twinkling lights. A live Mariachi band provided music during most of the cocktail and dinner hour. This allowed me to move my sound system and setup for the reception. When the band took a break, I filled that time with folk, indie and soul background music selections from artists such as Sufjan Stevens, as requested by the bride.
Wedding Celebration At Stonehedge Gardens Hood River Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: Performed Live by Mariachi Band
- Cake Cutting: Jack Johnson – Better Together
- First Dance: Michael Kiwanuka – Home Again
- Groom and Mother Dance: Performed Live by Mariachi Band
- Bride and Father Dance: Louis Armstrong – What A Wonderful World
- Last Dance: Post Malone f/Quavo – Congratulations
About a week before the wedding, the bride’s father suffered an injury that required him to recover in a wheelchair. While Nick danced with his mom, Laura went into the house to prepare a surprise for her dad, returning as “What A Wonderful World” began playing in a wheelchair of her own. It was a moving scene and there weren’t too many dry eyes in the crowd.
Next I opened the dance floor to everyone and with plenty of daylight left they filled it quickly, and it stayed that way from the opening slow dance to all the fast hit songs that followed, including oldies “Twist & Shout” and “Billie Jean” and recent hits “Uptown Funk” and “Dynamite.”
The raging party continued as night fell and the warm summer night had everybody in a good mood.
Congratulations Laura and Nick and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Rich made everything so much easier! Being new to this idea of putting on a BIG wedding, it was marvelous to have a professional DJ who knew just what to do and kept everything on track. Thank you so much! Our daughter and son-in-laws special day could not have gone more smoothly!” -Ronda Wallace (Laura Wallace & Nick Reyes Wedding) – Hood River, OR
- Event Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Event Type: Wedding & Reception
- Event Location: Stonehedge Gardens, Hood River, Oregon
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: N/A
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes