Bat Mitzvah Party At Kimpton Hotel Vintage
Rebekah’s memorable Bat Mitzvah party took place at Kimpton Hotel Vintage in Downtown Portland, Oregon on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
For this event, I also provided music and sound for the ceremony held in the Pinot Blanc AB room. Afterwards, all guests made their way to the Game Lounge for refreshments and games like billiards and shuffleboard while the main ballroom was setup for dinner and dancing. There was also a photo booth in an adjacent room.
About 45 minutes before dinner, all of the kids came back to the Pinot Blanc AB room for games with me, including musical chairs, a limbo and group hula hoop chain contest.
Everyone found their seats for dinner a little before 6pm and then I introduced Rebekah, who entered the room to “Battle Without Honor of Humanity” by Tomoyasu Hotei. I then played background music for dinner that featured classic jazz selections such as Dave Brubeck’s “Take Five” as requested by the family.
Following dinner was a short candle lighting ceremony. I announced the names and played walk-up music for the family (Ben E. King – Stand By Me), friends (Bruno Mars – Count On Me) and loved ones no longer with us (See You Again – Piano Instrumental). Rebekah had my cordless microphone and commented when people came up to light a candle.
Next, I opened the dance floor with “The Hora” and chair raising. The ceiling is very low at Hotel Vintage, so I made sure to warn the guys lifting the chair. Needless to say, this might have been the lowest chair raising I have witnessed 🙂
There was a lot of energy and the dance floor was hoppin’ for almost 3 hours to hot hits such as ‘Uptown Funk’ and ‘September’, plus family requests for 80’s hits ‘We Got The Beat’ and ‘Walking On Sunshine.’
The kids started a train to Justin Timberlake’s ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ before an impromtu limbo started, this time involving the adults.
It was a great party and everyone seemed to have a good time. Mazel Tov Rebekah and thank you mom Heidi and dad Karlo for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“We would use Rich again!” -Heidi Wolfson (Rebekah’s Bat Mitzvah)
- Event Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Event Type: Bat Mitzvah
- Event Location: Hotel Vintage
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Excellent
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes