McMenamins Edgefield Manor Wedding
Barb and John were married on Saturday, May 20, 2017 inside Blackberry Hall at McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale, Oregon.
This classic venue remains ever popular with couples planning their weddings. Many choose to have their ceremony in the meadow behind Blackberry hall, then the reception inside. But on this warm and sunny day, Barb and John chose to hold both inside since our waterlogged winter and early spring made the grass extra soft.
For the bride’s entrance music, Barb asked me if I could edit the song ‘Marry Me’ by Train to remove the lyrics that reference ‘getting the nerve to say hello in this cafe.’ She loves the song and all of the lyrics applied to her experience, except that line. I was happy to oblige and the final edit sounded like it was supposed to be that way, so success 🙂
McMenamins Edgefield Manor Wedding Ceremony Highlights:
- Weding Processional Entrance: Roy Todd – Radiant As A Bride
- Bride Entrance: Train – Marry Me (Edit No Cafe)
- Bride/Groom Exit: James Taylor – How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
Following the ceremony, it was a perfect evening for a stroll on the Edgefield grounds as the hall was reset for the reception. When guests returned, I played a variety of background music selections that included artists Colbie Callait, Jason Mraz, OneRepublic and more.
McMenamins Edgefield Manor Wedding Reception Highlights:
- Grand Entrance: AC/DC – Thunderstruck
- Cake Cutting: Maroon 5 – Sugar
- First Dance: Trisha Yearwood – How Do I Live
- Groom and Mother, Bride and Father-In-Law Dance: Rascal Flatts – My Wish
- Bride and Mother Dance: Van Morrison – Brown-Eyed Girl (Call all brown eye girls to floor after about 30 seconds)
- Money Dance: Barenaked Ladies – If I Had A Million Dollars
- Anniversary Dance: Anne Murray – Can I Have This Dance
- Last Dance: Brad Paisley – She’s Everything
After the formal dances that concluded with the anniversary dance that revealed the bride’s aunt and uncle were married the longest at 50 years, the dance floor opened to everyone around 9pm. The lights remained on for the first 20 minutes or so, but that didn’t stop many in this group from movin’ to the classics and recent hit songs, such as ‘Billie Jean’, ‘Hey Ya’ and ‘Twist & Shout’.
I played everything from ‘Stayin’ Alive’ to ‘Uptown Funk, ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’, ‘Celebration’ and more. Blackberry Hall was rockin’ the final 90 minutes of the reception… even some passersby took a look inside to witness the action when the doors to the dance floor area opened later.
Congratulations Barb and John and thank you for choosing PRO DJs.
Post Event Satisfaction Survey:
“Rich was great! He spent an hour on the phone with us organizing our wedding details. He is very professional and kind. I am very satisfied with our experience with ProDJs and Rich.”
-Barb & John Pemberton
- Event Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Event Type: Wedding & Reception
- Event Location: Edgefield McMenamins
- Event Staff: Rich Ellis
- Quality of Customer Service via Telephone: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service via Internet: Excellent
- Quality of Customer Service at Event: Excellent
- Friendliness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Promptness of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Professionalism of your Entertainer: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Performance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Appearance: Excellent
- System Appearance: Excellent
- Sound Quality: Excellent
- Overall Volume Levels: Excellent
- Music Selection: Excellent
- Incorporation of Your Requests: Excellent
- Lighting Effects: Excellent
- Equipment Appearance: Excellent
- Overall Customer Service: Excellent
- Planning Assistance: Excellent
- Entertainer’s Cooperation with Other Vendors: Excellent
- Overall Performance Rating: Excellent
- Would you recommend this service to others? Yes