Commitment Ceremony In Oregon Wine Country
It was a picture perfect day at Elk Cove Vineyards in Gaston, Oregon for David and Todd’s commitment ceremony on Saturday, October 6, 2012. With the warm summer-like weather, it sure didn’t feel like it was early October. The shuttle buses ferrying the majority of guests to this event were about 20 minutes behind schedule. As a result, the 5:30 start-time was pushed back 35 minutes. In that time, the sun had dropped behind the hill and cooled things a little, but it was still a pleasant evening.
- Processional Entrance: Selena Gomez – Love You Like A Like Song
- David & Todd Entrance: Michael Buble – You and I
- Recessional: Colbie Callait & Jason Mraz – Lucky
The reception took place in the main ballroom located behind the tasting room at Elk Cove. David and Todd requested a mix of chill music for the cocktail hour, followed by a variety of standards and big band music from the 40’s and 50’s during dinner. They are also fans of Pink Martini and Broadway musicals and that influenced their choices for the traditional wedding events.
- Grand Entrance: Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson & Anika Noni Rose – Dreamgirls
- Cake Cutting: Wicked – Popular
- First Dance: Pink Martini – Over The Valley
- Last Song: Donna Summer – Last Dance
Many of the guests in attendance had traveled from far away, including much of David’s family visiting from China. Hit music is universal though and the familiar dance tracks brought everyone together quickly… ‘Twist & Shout’, ‘We Are Family’, ‘Party Rock Anthem’, ‘Gangham Style’ and more packed the floor.